Friday, August 6, 2010

End of the First Week



Whew. . .we made it!!  It's been a hectic week but I think we all survived. 

I would like to thank all of the parents who were able to attend the first day of school with their child, especially in 7th and 8th grade.  I know sometimes our kids don't want us there but I have always thought it was important to meet the teachers and find out what's going on.

This week in my classes we worked on getting to know each other and practiced our communication skills with one another since we will be doing a lot of group work this year.   In X-Block and the Computer Technology classes the students have started work on a webquest about internet safety.  They are learning about what it means to be safe on the internet and how to educate others.  Look for their presentations here in a couple of weeks.

I will have 2 substitute teachers next week.  I will be out for a 1/2 day on Tuesday (8/10) for a teacher workshop and my sub will Mrs. Sandra Na'ihe. She has subbed here many times and currently runs the Jump Start program at CKMS.  On Friday I will be at a Robotics workshop and my sub will be Mr. John Cabello.  Mr. Cabello is also a regular sub here at CKMS.  I have no doubt they will do an awesome job.

No comments:

Post a Comment